Dealing with spam or unwanted comments? Vevo Content ops can help!
Vevo Content Operations can use tools in YouTube Studio to manage comments by:
- Removing Individual Comments
- Disabling all comments on a video or an entire channel
- Blocking specific users from commenting on a channel
- Blocking specific words or phrases from being commented on a channel
- Blocking all comments with URLs/Links from being added to a video
- Adding the OAC as a moderator for the Vevo channel to remove comments
Please see the below for the best way to contact Content Ops with these requests.
Please send all comments-related request to:
The Channel name (EG: ArtistVEVO)
Comment/s you wish to be deleted
- You can send a direct link to the comment by right-clicking the time stamp of the comment, and clicking "copy link address" as in the image below.
Disable the commenting ability on a specific video, or across an entire channel
- The Channel name (eg: ArtistVEVO)
- Video URL (If across the whole channel, please specify the whole channel)
Pin/heart comments - (Support Article - Pinning Comments)
The Channel name (ArtistVEVO)
Comment you wish to be pinned/hearted (either via URL or screen grab)
You can send us a URL directly to a comment by right-clicking the timestamp for the comments and selecting "copy link address".
- The Channel name
- Video URL
- Comment you wish to be added in text in email request
- Please let us know if we need to pin/heart the comment as well
Block Users from Commenting, Block words from being commented
- Channel Name (ArtistVEVO)
- URLs for users you'd like to be blocked (right-click their username, click "copy address link")
- Comma-separated List of words/phrases you'd like blocked
Block All Links, URLs, Hashtags from being commented on a Channel
- Channel name (ArtistVEVO)
- Specify you'd like all links, urls, hashtags blocked
- This can only be added on the channel-wide level, not the individual video-level!
Hold and review comments for approval
The Official Artist Channel can also be set up to moderate and review comments on their channels.
This means that the OAC can remove a number of comments from videos + review "potentially inappropriate comments" as identified by the YouTube algorithm.
This means the the OAC must first be added as a moderator of the channel in order to do this.
Please contact email@example.com with the OAC URL and the VEVO channel name to add an OAC as moderator for the Vevo channel.