Dealing with spam or unwanted comments? Vevo Content ops can help!
Vevo Content Operations can use tools in YouTube Studio to manage comments by:
- Removing Individual Comments
- Disabling all comments on a video or an entire channel
- Blocking specific users from commenting on a channel
- Blocking specific words or phrases from being commented on a channel
- Blocking all comments with URLs/Links from being added to a video
Please see the below for the best way to contact Content Ops with these requests.
Please send all comments-related request to:
The Channel name (EG: ArtistVEVO)
Comment/s you wish to be deleted
- You can send a direct link to the comment by right-clicking the time stamp of the comment, and clicking "copy link address" as in the image below.
Disable the commenting ability on a specific video, or across an entire channel
- The Channel name (eg: ArtistVEVO)
- Video URL (If across the whole channel, please specify the whole channel)
Pin/heart comments - (Support Article - Pinning Comments)
The Channel name (ArtistVEVO)
Comment you wish to be pinned/hearted (either via URL or screen grab)
You can send us a URL directly to a comment by right-clicking the timestamp for the comments and selecting "copy link address".
- The Channel name
- Video URL
- Comment you wish to be added in text in email request
- Please let us know if we need to pin/heart the comment as well
Block Users from Commenting, Block words from being commented
- Channel Name (ArtistVEVO)
- URLs for users you'd like to be blocked (right-click their username, click "copy address link")
- Comma-separated List of words/phrases you'd like blocked
Block All Links, URLs, Hashtags from being commented on a Channel
- Channel name (ArtistVEVO)
- Specify you'd like all links, urls, hashtags blocked
- This can only be added on the channel-wide level, not the individual video-level!
Hold and review comments for approval
The Official Artist Channel can also be set up to moderate and review comments on their channels. This means they can hold potentially inappropriate comments, as identified by an algorithm, for them to review. They can also remove a number of comments from videos.
This means the the OAC must first be added as a moderator of the channel in order to do this.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to add an OAC as moderator for the Vevo channel.