NOTE: For UMG/SME users wanting to add multiple subtitle files, make sure you're logged into Vevo Support and follow the instructions here: Subtitles & Captions (SME/UMG)
Subtitles (non UMG/Sony users)
A subtitle file contains what is said in the video in another language.
Please send the video ISRC and the subtitle SRT files to firstname.lastname@example.org
Content Ops will add the subtitles to your video on your behalf.
Please name your SRT file with the language the subtitle file is in so that we may label them correctly.
A caption file contains what is said in the video in the language the video is in.
These can be delivered in TTML format via feed delivery or in TTML/SRT format by following the steps below to add these manually via Backstage.
- Captions can only be added via update and not video insert
- Captions can not updated via Backstage
1. Search for the video you upload captions for
2. Click into the video
3. Scroll down to click on Upload next caption file
4. Either drag the caption file or click on Or select file to select a file from your computer
5. Click on Publish
6. 11. You will then see the status change to processing and the message "Recent changes to this video are still being processed by YouTube "will appear reminding you that no changes will be able to be made until this update has been completed
7. You can also monitor the upload in thee change log tab
8. Once this upload is completed the status message will update to Public/Unreleased and you will see the caption file added with our naming convention in the caption section on the bottom left-hand side of the screen.
How can I add multiple language subtitles?
Please send these SRT files to email@example.com and label each file with the language it is in. Content Ops will add these manually.
If the captions are incorrect in Backstage, can I remove/replace the file?
Yes, please contact Content Ops to do this. We can not currently process caption updates via Backstage.