If your Vevo channel is eligible, Content Ops can help you set up a YouTube Giving Fundraiser on a Vevo video.
How do I know if my channel is eligible for a fundraiser?
Channels must meet at least the below requirements (per this YouTube Help Article)
To be eligible to fundraise with YouTube Giving, your channel has to meet the following requirements:
-Channel is based in one of the available locations (above link)
-Channel has at least 10k subscribers
-Channel is a part of the YouTube Partner Program
-Channel is NOT designated as made for kids
If you've read the above and are still unsure if your channel is eligible, Content Ops can check for you (there must be at least one upload on the channel for Content Ops to be able to check).
Setting up the Fundraiser
Vevo Content Ops needs some information from you to set up the fundraiser. Please provide the below information in a ticket to Content Ops so we can set up your fundraiser.
Please provide the following info in a ticket for Content Ops:
Information required for creating a new fundraiser:
- Video ISRC/Video Link
- Approved Non Profit Org name (Not all non profits are set up with YouTube Giving, check requirements here)
- Title of Fundraiser (e.g. Artist's Earth Day Fundraiser) (50 characters)
- Subtitle of Fundraiser (e.g. a fundraiser for xyz) (50 characters)
- Description of Fundraiser (e.g. This fundraiser is important to abc because of xyz) (400 characters)
- Thank you to donors (e.g. thank you to our fans!) (100 characters)
- Choose one:
1. Set fundraiser goal, (amount of money and date range, e.g. $10,000, fundraiser ends July 4)
2. OR ongoing fundraiser (button stays on video indefinitely until removed at your request)
Information required for joining an existing fundraiser:
-Video ISRC/video link
Name of fund:
(e.g. Fundraiser for WHO created by the United Nations)
- Describe the fundraiser to your viewers: (e.g. Artist wants to raise money for abc because xyz)
-Thank your donors: (e.g: thank you to our fans for donating....)
Example of what a fundraiser looks like:
Can a Fundraiser be added before a video is live?
Yes, Content Ops can add the fundraiser while the video is private, and the fundraiser will appear on the video when it goes public.